Chris Kim is a graphic designer & front-end web developer
Chris graduated from Pacific NW College of Art in 2010 with a BFA in Communication Design. Afterwards, he interned at the Someday Lounge creating Music Posters and Web banners for music events for over a year. He worked at Linktech updating and editing client's wordpress sites for a year and was promoted as a UX, Graphics, and Frontend Developer. He is now currently working as a front-end web developer at Global Media Solutions creating HTML & Wordpress sites for clients.
He has worked with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, as well as Gimp and Inkscape. He coded with HTML, CSS, SASS, jQuery, and PHP and have recently implemented responsive web design practices to my web projects. He is also experienced with printing and pre-press production.
Some of his hobbies include drawing, playing the viola, hiking
- Open Office
- MS Office
Global Media Solutions
(Nov 2014 - Current)
- Created & Updated responsive HTML & Wordpress sites.
- Set up a working SASS environment for HTML sites.
- Manually installed and transferred wordpress sites
- Setup and updated web department's Trello (project management) site.
- Assisted and Trained new employee in front-end development tasks & procedures
- Implemented Woocommerce plugins & extensions to enable ecommerce functionality
Themer/Graphics, UI, & Frontend Developer
(Aug 2013 - Aug 2014)
- Updated client's Wordpress sites
- Retouched and optimized client’s images for web
- Designed & Created widget banners & icons
- Created themes using Bootstrap & CSS
- Occasionally designed company event posters
Graphic Design Intern
(May 2012 - January 2013)
- Designed banners on a daily basis
- Created posters within one week - several hour basis
- Uploaded posters and banners to website
- Edited and corrected event details
Cedar Mill Library
Graphic Design Intern & Current Freelance Designer
(Dec 2010 - May 2011), (June 2014 - Current)
- Redesigned logo & logo style guide
- Redesigned print materials
- Managed the library’s look and feel
- Redesigned website